Segway for Business
Security firms around the world are realizing the benefits of integrating Segway Personal Transporters (PTs) into their daily policing and security operations. Read about the ways these police departments and private security firms are using Segway PTs to optimize visibility, enhance productivity and save money.
Commercial Security Customers
- Allied Security
- Avago Technologies (formerly Agilent Technologies)
- Aviv, Santa Fe, Polanco, and Basque Real Mexico
- Baysecur, Germany
- Carolinas Healthcare System, Charlotte, NC
- Central Parking System
- Cinema City Mall, Israel
- Cinemark Theaters
- Clearwater Mall, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Coastal Security Services (Hilton Head, SC)
- Cousins Office Park
- Desert Hills Premium Outlet Mall
- Deago, Cultuavaca(sp?), Mexico
- Drago Seguridad Privada, Mexico
- DST, Kansas City, MO, U.S.A.
- Electronic Creations
- FAAP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
- Gerhard Bosse, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- GPSG - johnson & Johnson
- Graber, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Group 4 SecuriCorps, Brussels, Belgium
- Grupo Amorim-Dolce Vita, Portugal (mall security)
- Harrah's Casino
- Hunt Valley Towne Centre Mall / Greenberg Gibbons Commercial Corp.(Maryland)
- Hot Springs (AR) Convention Center
- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
- IPC International Corporation
- Israel Mendoza, Mexico
- Kaiser Permanente
- Liverpool (Mall Company), Mexico City, Gudalajara, Mexico
- Millenium Park, Chicago
- Mass Mutual
- Oak Park Mall Security
- Omnilife, Guadalajara, Mexico
- Orange County Convention Center
- Palacio de Hierro, Mexico City, Mexico
- Parque Nascente, Portugal (mall security)
- Promotora Aviv S.A. De C.V., Mexico
- Prosegur (Toledo, Spain)
- Salvador Shopping, Salvador-Bahie, Brazil
- SecureCorp, Australia
- Securitas Direct (Oviedo, Spain)
- Seguridad Privato y Proteccion Del Norte, Mexico
- Shopping Ignateri, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Simon Malls
- Sonae Sierra, Portugal (Mall Security)
- Centro Colombo - Lisbon, Portugal
- Norte Shopping - Oporto, Portugal
- Gaia Shopping - Oporto, Portugal
- Arrabida Shopping - Oporto, Portugal
- Rio Sul Shopping - Seixal, Portugal
- Centro Vasco da Gama - Lisbon, Portugal
- Cascais Shopping - Cascais, Portugal
- Algarve Shopping - Albufeira, Portugal
- MaiaShopping - Maia, Portugal
- Plaza Mayor - Malaga, Spain
- Sinai Hospital (Baltimore)
- Sprint World Headquarters
- Sundance Square
- Streets of Tanasbourne shopping mall, The
- TLE Security Consultants
- The Westin Kierland Resort and Spa
Commercial Security Case Studies
Putting it to work for your business
Read about the ways these security organizations are using Segway PTs to create visibility, enhance productivity and save money. Check back regularly for new case studies.
Security services are faced with the challenge of handling larger and larger events with ever-growing turnout numbers. Security firm BaySecur GmbH is one of the largest players in Germany, and having drawn from ample experience securing such large events as German Soccer League matches and World Youth Day, they have much to say about the topic.
While much of the growth in the use of Segway® Personal Transporters (PTs) by police and security agencies is attributable to police initiatives in cities such as Chicago, Miami, Washington D.C. and Albuquerque, medical center campuses across the country are also integrating the Segway PT into their security operations. Carolinas HealthCare System of Charlotte, N.C., recently deployed Segway PTs at four of its campuses, joining long-time customers such as Johns Hopkins, Loma Linda Medical Center and Baltimore's Sinai Hospital.
Emergency Medical Services Authority (EMSA) is the largest ambulance service provider in the state of Oklahoma, serving more than one million people in Tulsa and Oklahoma City with a fleet of 70 ambulances. Learn how the EMSA cut response times utilizing Segway HTs.
According to Jeff Butterworth, Field Service Supervisor for Georgia Power, the company's experience with the Segway Personal Transporter goes back to the earliest days when few people knew what the Segway PT was or how it operated.
The Segway PT plays an integral role in the operation of his sprawling, multi-use facility located in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
Intrado provides the technology and infrastructure for the North American 911 call systems. Telecommunications companies and long-distance carriers contract with Intrado to help them manage data and efficiently route 911 emergency calls. The company is based in Longmont, CO, employs 750 people and has more than 20 call processing sites nationwide.
Shopping center public safety service has evolved beyond simply patrolling common areas and giving directions. Today security must focus on a multitude of areas, including protecting guests, deterring criminal activity, enforcing center policies and above all - customer service.
A representative of various wine and spirit producers wanted to develop an alluring sweepstakes that would stand out among the competition and be different than anything they had done before. They got results using the innovative Segway PT.
SECUREcorp is one of the largest and most innovative privately held security companies in Australia. Employing more than a thousand people, SECUREcorp serves hundreds of corporate, municipal and government clients. SECUREcorp is the first and only security firm in Australia to employ SECUREcorp Segway® Personal Transporters (HTs) in their operations. Segway PTs have been instrumental in helping SECUREcorp and its valued clients, to quite literally, stand out in the crowd.
Securiguard is the largest privately held security company in British Columbia, Canada, employing more than a thousand people and serving hundreds of corporate, municipal and government clients. They were among the first security firms in North America to employ Segway PTs in their operations. Segway PTs have been instrumental in helping their company to quite literally stand out in the crowd.
Sonae Sierra, Lisbon, Portugal, is one of the largest owners, developers and managers of shopping malls in Europe. Since its incorporation in 1989, it has earned a stellar reputation for innovation and its integrated approach to ownership, development and management. The company currently owns or co-owns 43 shopping centres in six countries, including 19 centres in Portugal alone. Another 15 properties are currently in development.
Contact us for more information.