General Segway PT Questions
- What does riding a Segway PT feel like?
- Riding the Segway PT feels like nothing you've ever experienced, because there's never been anything like it. Step on and your instinct will be to steady yourself, as you would on anything with two wheels. But almost immediately you'll realize that the Segway PT is balancing for you, almost like it has become an extension of you. Just lean forward a little and you'll see that the Segway PT isn't moving you on its own, it's moving in response to you and what you tell it to do. It all feels natural, safe, and instinctive. That's what riding a Segway PT feels like.
- How much does a Segway PT cost?
- Purchase and Hire are listed elsewhere on this site.
- Are Segway PT's legal?
- The Segway PT is legally defined as a "vehicle" under New Zealand law. It is designed to be safe for use in pedestrian spaces such as footpaths and malls, in bicycle lanes, along the sides of roads where traffic travels 60km/h or less, and along walking and recreational trails and similar places. Obtain permission of the owner to use on private property, and see our dedicated page about public spaces and roads. Always give way to pedestrians and always travel at a speed that does not endanger others.
- Does a Segway PT fit in the trunk of a car?
- The LeanSteer frame is adjustable to the comfort of the rider and allows the Segway PT to fit in the trunk of many cars. Use Segway folding Ramps to load the PT under its own power (no need to push or pull) into the rear of any SUV/4WD, wagon, van, hatchback. Attach the Segway Hauler to your tow-bar and carry your PT on the back of your vehicle (like a bike on a bicycle rack).
- Can I use the Segway PT in the rain?
- Yes. The device is completely sealed to allow it to operate in wet weather.
- How long will a Segway PT last?
- The Segway PT has been designed to be extremely durable. In order to deliver a durable productivity tool, we pursued two design avenues. First, we built durable mechanical and electrical systems to be in solid state, so even the moving parts were designed for longevity. For example, the motors are brushless servomotors, so there are no parts that could wear out. We then submitted the systems to extensive, rigorous testing to ensure we met our goals. Second, we created a modular design whereby if any part were to wear out or break, it could easily be replaced, ensuring a long product life.
- Do you still manufacture the first generation of Segway Personal Transporters (e167, i167, i170,180, XT,GT, p133)?
- No, however we often have trade-in models for sale. Also, Segway NZ still offers support for these models should you need support assistance. Accessories, Parts and Repairs are available. We also offer free copies of manuals and the Safety Video on VHS and DVD.
- Do the new models utilize the same balancing technology found in the previous Segway PT's?
- Yes, the same dynamic stabilization technology is utilized in the new models. Some parts of the balance sensor assembly (BSA) and other parts of the machine have changed to take advantage of new technology, but the fundamental principles used in creating the original Segway PT have remained consistent. New technology has been added where appropriate to support the new LeanSteer and wireless InfoKey controller functionality.
- How many speed settings does the new product have?
- The second-generation Segway PT has two operational settings, "beginner" setting and "standard" setting. Beginner setting is set to 6mph/13kph, and the standard setting is set to 12.5mph/20kph.
InfoKey Controller Questions:
- How many wireless InfoKey controllers come with the Segway PT?
- As of May 15th 2007, two wireless Infokey controllers are included in the box with each Segway PT.
- Can I configure my own accessory packages?
- Yes. Accessories were chosen for the packages based on specific uses but you are free to configure a PT based on your needs by using the online configurator and sending your custom Segway PT to your local dealer.
- Will there be any more packages?
- Right now there are six packages offered in the catalog and in the online configurator. As new accessories become available, we may add new packages.
- Is there any recall information I should know about?
- The safety of our customers and quality of our products always has been and continues to be our top priorities. Click here for recall information.
- Can I travel with lithium-ion batteries?
- You can ship your Lithium-ion battery-equipped machine anywhere by ground transportation. However, our Lithium-ion batteries are not appropriate to be shipped by air at this time (including airline travel). If you wish to travel with your PT we can assist with arranging the hire of batteries from a Dealer/Agent close to your destination.
- How can my business procure an RMP?
- The Segway Robotic Mobility Platform is available for delivery to commercial customers . To receive additional information about the Segway RMP, please fill out the RMP contact form.
Segway PT Owner Questions
- Where can I find my Segway PT's serial number?
- The serial number is located under the mat on the rear edge of the platform. Segway cannot provide you with your serial number until you have taken delivery of your Segway PT. Therefore, please wait for delivery of your Segway PT in order to obtain your serial number.
- Can I charge my Segway PT from my car or boat?
- Yes, a Segway PT can be charged while driving in your car or boat by using a suitable DC-to-AC power inverter. Each Segway PT typically consumes approximately 140 Watts of power while charging. However, due to charger startup requirements, we recommend that inverters have power capacity of at least 350 Watts for each Segway PT being charged. Power inverters that produce either square or sinusoid waveform output are suitable for charging the Segway PT.
- How can I insure my Segway PT?
- Many private owners insure their PT under their house contents policy, by identifying it as a specified asset and providing information about model, serial number, and value (usually via a copy of the invoice). They insured it in the same way that a mobility scooter or power chair (electic wheelchair) is covered.
- What can I use to clean my Segway PT?
- Soap and water are the best to clean your unit. Please refrain from using products which protect and shine rubber, plastic, and vinyl surfaces, as these products may impact tires traction
- How should I dispose of my old batteries from a Segway PT?
- Segway NZ encourages you to help preserve our environment by returning your unwanted batteries to the nearest recycling collection point. Contact Segway NZ or search Yellow Pages to find the nearest location.
- Can the speed setting for a PT be locked?
- Yes, each InfoKey controller can be locked into the beginner setting by a special sequence of button-presses. You can also set the Beginner Setting speed, Standard Setting speed, and "off" time for Standby mode. Further customization is possible by programming the InfoKey controller at the Segway factory. Programming each InfoKey controller separately is an additional service offer to customers that can be quoted individually per account.
- Can I reprogram my InfoKey controller?
- You can do some basic programming, such as setting the time, date and whether you want the display to show miles or kilometers. You can also set the Beginner Setting speed, Standard Setting speed, and "off" time for Standby mode. Please refer to your user materials for further details. If you feel additional programming is necessary, please contact your local Segway dealer.
- I purchased my Segway PT from a private party (used). How do I transfer ownership to my name to receive the balance of the warranty?
- Segway NZ does not support the transfer of warranty. The warranty comes to an end when the original buyer on-sells the PT. However, please let us know you are the new owner so we can send you our Newsletter
Partnering with Segway
- How do I become an authorized Segway reseller, or start a business activity that
uses Segway PTs (such as a promo or tourism activity, or hiring Segway PTs at a golf course)?
- We appreciate your enthusiasm and interest. Please contact Segway New Zealand directly, we'd like to hear from you today.
Email this page
After opening the test chamber, Sigma Electronics instruments only single test, so this instrument is replica rolex watches
only suitable for single and expensive watches for testing. Only suitable for independent installation groups, or maintenance after-sales center to fake rolex watches
use, for mass production of finished products testing, but also outdated.Because this instrument has been connected to the replica watches uk
automatic pump, the system will automatically pressurize the cylinder to reach the established pressure later. The time will be counted down.When the first test passes, the gas density in the watch does not change, the PASS lamp lights up. But this time also to set the second test.